Mary Katrantzou T-shirt for Topshop
Having a slight obsession with Mary Katrantzou recently lead me to wake up really early last friday for the launch of Topshops New Gen designer t-shirt collaboration. They had a facebook competition for the past few weeks where you could win a t shirt each day, i entered nearly every single day and won nothing U_U. I then realised that the Tees would eventually be on sale! The Mary Katrantzou, Jonathan Saunders and Meadham Kirchhoff all caught my eye but the Katrantzou ombre floral all-over print made me weak at the knees.
Purchasing on that day was such a bonus, shipping was half price, they sent you a free Mary Katrantzou print tote bag, a ‘Ten years supporting British fashion’ newspaper and a little new-gen bag for the Tee! Plus student discount! I actually paid less than the T-shirt was up for sale for. – Smart move. Anyways i was incredibly excited and just wanted to vent my excitement.
Also included was 10 facts about Mary Katrantzou –
- Mary Katrantzou is a team of 12.
- Their collections are thematic and have been inspired by perfume bottles, blown glass, 18th century portraits, interiors and objects of art among others.
- Mary graduated from Central Saint Martins MA Fashion in 2008.
- Their designs have been spotted on Anna dello Russo, Kiera Knightly and Alexa chung.
- Their SS12 finale dress, teflon, weighed 15kg.
- Their 3rd range with Topshop launched in Feb 2012.
- Mary Katrantzou won the British fashion award for emerging talent in the womenswear category.
- In their SS12 show they used 18,000 carnations for their flower field installation.
- Mary Katrantzou is sold in over 160 stored worldwide in over 35 countries.
- Serena Van der Woodsen wore Serendipity dress from SS11 in epsiode 8 of season 5 in Gossip Girl.